How to add a sidebar to your Squarespace blog
As of August 5th, 2017 there are 3 ways to add a sidebar to your Squarespace blog.
1. If you're using one of the following templates - they all have content sidebars enabled for blog posts.
- Avenue (blog posts)
- Bedford, Anya, Bryant & Hayden (blog posts)
- Forte (blog posts)
- Galapagos (blog posts)
- Ishimoto (blog posts)
- Montauk, Julia, Kent & Om (blog posts)
- Skye, Foundry, Indigo, Ready & Tudor (blog posts)
- Wexley (blog only)
2. Create a faux sidebar using this method
This tutorial makes use of the Summary block to recreate the look of a blog page so you can make use of a "faux" sidebar. Very useful work around.
3. Get the Squarespace sidebar plugin
This is our preferred custom solution. No need to hire a developer or hack around. Simple setup.